Where is P3?
P3 is located in Valencia, California. We are 35 miles northeast of Los Angeles International Airport; and 25 miles north of Burbank Airport. P3 is located near major shipping hubs, the Santa Clarita US Postal Services headquarters, and the Los Angeles Ports. For more information, go to Find Us.
How much do your services cost?
All P3 programs - whether individual projects or ongoing engagements - are priced on P3's use of facility, labor and materials. We charge hourly for receiving and programming time. Storage is charged on a monthly per pallet basis. Pick and pack charges are dependent upon order volume and SKU velocity. For more pricing information, take our Survey.
Who will my contact be?
You will work with an account team consisting of the VP Client Services, an Account Director, Account Manager and/or Account Coordinator. Most communication will be with your Account Manager; with the VP Client Services focusing on your long-term strategic goals. This team coverage approach assures continuous coverage on the account and 365/24/7 accessibility.
Dan and Kelly Bennett, P3 Founders, are also in contact with you and extremely accessible.
How do you ensure quality?
Once an order has been placed, via any method, P3 processes the order, in the following manner:
P3's pick and pack system emphasizes quality assurance and quality control. The picking list is scanned by order number, SKU and quantity, thus avoiding manual entry errors. As items are packed, they are scanned using either the UPC barcode on the item or the unique P3 SKU. This scan confirms that the correct product is packed into the correct shipping container. All outgoing products are routinely sampled for quality control. Additionally, at the time of the pull, the SKU is scheduled for periodic cycle counts to maintain inventory accuracy.
- Orders are validated for accuracy down to the field level. Valid orders generate an order confirmation response, via email, back to the person placing the order.
- Orders with any number of exception types generate an order exception response, via email, sent both to the originator of the order and the onsite Account Manager for follow up. The validation checks are designed to ensure completeness, accuracy, and validity of order data.
- The inventory required for each Order is then automatically allocated from the Warehouse Management System (WMS), thus generating a pick sheet for the order.
- Order pick sheets are batched and printed by the Production Manager, and distributed to Production team members to be picked.
- Picked orders are verified and closed in the pack out phase, generating a UCC label, carton contents label where applicable, as well as the appropriate carrier compliant shipping label. All tracking data is captured and is immediately available via the web reporting tools.
- Shipped orders generate a shipping confirmation email (that include tracking numbers) that is sent to the originator of the order, and any other desired recipients.
What is P3's IT experience and network environment?
One of P3's most significant competitive advantages lies in the area of Information Technology. P3's IT group cumulatively has over sixty-five years of cutting-edge technology expertise. This expertise specifically covers areas directly impacting our clients: mission critical application development, security, redundancy and fault tolerance, process efficiency, etc. Our expertise not only out-performs other fulfillment companies, but also most technology consulting firms.
P3's IT group bridges the gap between the strategic business requirements for success and the relevant cutting-edge technology required in today's applications.
P3's IT Group has a wealth of experience on the E-Commerce frontier. P3 has accomplished the successful integration with numerous customers and vendors, constantly streamlining engagements while adapting to our customers' and vendors' existing systems.
P3 has built its network environment with three main attributes in mind: stability, flexibility and speed. P3's network infrastructure is based on a 100BaseT local area network utilizing network switch devices, with T1 connections to the Internet. P3's Radio Frequency (RF) based inventory system is built on compliance labeled bar codes allowing staff to route picking and packing activities, ensuring maximum efficiency. Other internally developed and proprietary systems are the foundation for real-time information available to clients.
Will there be downtime on your site?
P3's data center guarantees and provides uptime of 99.97% for over fifteen thousand customers.
Our web and application database server components reside at a full-scale Data Center hosting facility. P3 has the following available to support client applications.
Will you be able to integrate with our systems?
- Multiple DS3 lines, tied to a broad range of Internet backbone providers across the country such as AT&Amp;T, Sprint, UUNET, etc. Connections to each provider also retain redundancy through fail-safe multiple fiber lines. This ensures total redundancy and speed across the country.
- Extensive battery backup with generator support for all servers and network equipment.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly redundant backup systems rotated to both fireproof and off-site locations.
- Proactive monitoring on all servers and managed devices, including peak usage monitoring to ensure user access times.
- Extensive Cisco Pix firewall security provided, in addition to server-based intrusion detection/prevention software.
- Complete security protection via electronic access, security patrol, and limited physical access. Fire suppression system for all critical equipment.
- Dedicated climate control facility.
- 24x7 dedicated customer support either by phone, email, or web session.
P3 is able to provide data integration across a myriad of platforms and methods, including Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), FTP, HTTP and email. Data formats include XML, CSV, Excel and other database formats.
Also, P3's dynamic interfaces to external data sources improve ROE processing time; optimize assembly logic patterns for maximum picking efficiency; and provide least cost routing systems to enhance client shipping savings.
What types of reports do you offer?
P3 strives to design reports that are relevant to the user's needs and that add value to the user's role - providing the correct amount of information: not overwhelming the report's user, or causing them to search for more detail.
This is yet another area where P3's IT Group falls back on their business experience. We understand that different audiences and users of reports have varying requirements. The user of a financially oriented report has a different need that the user of an operational report. Through our understanding, we have designed a wide spectrum of reports that cover:
The web application will also allow a user to setup a 'Scheduled Report' - pick the report you want, and when you want it, and it will show up at that time in your email inbox, based on your requested frequency. This provides users with the flexibility to choose to run reports when they desire to, and also have them routinely available with no interaction on their part.
- Order activity and trends on both summary and detail levels.
- Inventory stock reports including various levels of categorization, on hand versus committed, and automated minimum stock alerts.
- Inventory activity reports including receipts, adjustments, movements, obsolescence, velocity, and trend/fluctuation analysis.
- Shipping analysis.
Do you provide packaging?
P3 maintains a large inventory of boxes, envelopes, packing materials and other items for use in client projects. Since these are purchased in bulk, cost savings are realized and these savings are passed on to our clients.
In addition, P3 offers a Cold Fusion Packaging solution to high-volume, low weight pieces. This machine automatically inserts, packages, addresses, labels, weighs and verifies outgoing products at the rate of between 20-25 units per minute. This packaging solution is highly accepted by consumers evidenced by its use at Nordstrom.com, LandsEnd.com and Overstock.com
What shippers do you use?
Most everybody. P3 is a shipping expert and is prepared to recommend the shipper best suited to your needs in terms of price, deliverability standard, trackability and product value. Due to P3's high shipping volume, discounts are frequently obtained and passed on to clients. P3 provides local delivery services and has daily on-site pickups from all major shippers.
Can you process payments?
Yes, P3 offers real-time credit card authorization and settlement. We also process checks and money orders for mail-in orders.
Can you handle continuity programs?
P3's shopping cart design has continuity functionality built-in, making for automatic credit card settlement and shipment for recurring orders.
Do you process returns?
P3 offers reverse logistics services to receive, inspect, recycle and/or restock returned products and credit the consumer's account. Returns reports are submitted to you to identify manufacturing error trends.
May we use P3's PO box or address?
Yes. P3 maintains several PO boxes in Santa Clarita for client short- or long-term use. Our Witherspoon address is also frequently identified as the return address on packing slips.
What if I need additional services?
P3 has 20 years of business partner relationships. Should the requirements of your program require specialists outside fulfillment we would be happy to coordinate your project with them or refer you directly. Business partners include printers, call centers, graphic designers, replicators, ASI companies, etc.
How do I get started?
Please provide us with more details by taking our survey or just Contact Us!